It took me about three months, but I finally spent a day cleaning and dying one goats-worth of spring mohair. I did Eddy’s white hair first because I’d bought a few new colors of dye and wanted to make some pretty pastels.
The light color is called “Rose Pink”, and came out kind of wimpy like an old woman with her gray hair dabbled with pink rinse. The dark color, however, is called “Iris”, and it is dazzling. The photo doesn’t do it justice.
This is the same amount of hair that I got from two goats together the first time they were sheared, so two years of growth makes a big difference. I have a few sweater patterns I’d like to try from a free knitting pattern blog. First, though, it has to be dried, carded, and spun into yarn. It should be ready for some productive winter knitting.